14 May, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk and Books, and Juice Boxes

Today, despite the looming clouds of doom, that would later give way to all kinds of precipitation, Chalk Artists were out, you know, drawing stuff. As a prelude to the upcoming Chalk Art Festival, they were out at that Denver Art Museum. It was nice, if a bit cold. You should hit up the Chalk Art Festival, as it will be awesome and showcases a lot of great talent.








Now as for the books and juice boxes, that is easily explained. I recently (as in before the chalk art today) had the opportunity to attend a Q&A and book signing with the wonderful Charlaine Harris, she of what has been come to be known as the "True Blood" books. I went with a friend, seriously. And while in line, I enjoyed the company of some very nice fans, including a charmer in a blue hoodie as seen below (though I remember it being purple under the tungsten lights). In truth, I wouldn't mind a bit more conversation in my life. Hey, I can't spend all my time behind a lens. For one thing, I'm sure it would make my butt look big. And yes, somewhere in there is the not so subtle hint that I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

As for the juice box, I had one. It came with my kids meal. And if you found that last statement surprising, you certainly haven't been reading my blog.

Charlaine Harris Denver Tattered Cover Dead Reckoning

No comments: