23 January, 2012

In a New Way Day 23


I keep notes. In particular, I keep a little Moleskin with gridded paper to keep notes in. Each year I pick up a new one (I've yet to completely fill one within a year) and on the first page, I write down something that was important or resonated with me from the previous year. Last year it was it was a few Russian quotes from my brief adventure abroad, including "Мёд для моей души" though I believe if we wanted to be completely correct, the end quotes should be at the bottom of the letter.

This year, it's from Doctor Who, The Third Doctor to be precise, in Planet of the Daleks.

“Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, you know. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.”

The quotes at the end are correct, what with it being in English and all, but the words are really the important thing to consider, and yes, the idea isn't new and has been oft repeated. Maybe there's a reason for that.

No comments: