18 March, 2011

Holga bonus!


Holga Bonus! For those of you that are, for lack of a better word, "savvy," January has thirty one days. A roll of 120 film, shot square, has twelve frames. That leaves me with five extra frames. This is the last frame on the last roll. It's also the only one that I've done some retouching and post work on. Why? Because I wanted to, because it wasn't a part of the Holga Days, and because I felt that it would be made that much better by a little touch up (it was already awesome to begin with, and now it is all kinds of Epic).

Now, in ages past, we would have taken a step back and looked at exactly what worked and what didn't. I'm not necessarily going to do that this time. Holga Days wasn't about getting one great shot out of the whole month. It was an exercise in shooting, in taking the time to consider the shot before I pressed the shutter. And even though I did that (and have been doing that), we already know that some did not even come out. It happens. Holga is not a precise medium and the day it becomes one, I don't think it would be quite as magical or effective. So, those that worked, those that utilized a combination of film, setting, exposure, are there beside the ones that didn't. They all provided something of value, as they all accomplished what this year's project was supposed to. And that's all I have to say on the matter.

No comments: