22 March, 2009

Pick N Pluckin'

I don’t know what you do with your accumulated Pick N Pluck foam bits, but apparently if you are a toy photographer endowed with all kinds of crazy, you mock up some strange temple ruins for Iron Man and his entourage.



I have to say, I hadn’t thought of this before, but the foam leftovers work out pretty well. They’re very stable and can support a considerable amount of weight on even the smallest plug. Yes, I do know that I am talking about the weight of small plastic toys. I will say that the texture is a little overwhelming. Depending on the scale of what you are shooting, the pores are a little too big to identify it as anything but foam. Additionally, the texture is completely uniform. Yep, lame. In the very least, the foam makes for a good rough cut structure so you can see what needs to go where, as well as what needs to be removable in order to work around shooting angles and lighting set-ups. It’s possible, with the right set dressing, it could be used as is, but I foresee it as a base layer or simply a prototyping.

No comments: