19 July, 2008

Round 2 and a 1/2 and Offending Sensibilities

So I was able to get the final piece of Round 2 completed and am happy to present my “Materia Campaign” featuring Square-Enix PlayArts figures. As I said, I was going with something simple and I really liked how these turned out. I may go into toy fashion photography. Interpret that in any way you see fit. As a side note, for those of you that did not obsessively play Final Fantasy VII, the colors match respective magic that is mentioned in the text. The text turned out to be the more challenging thing, as I don’t usually need to worry about copy when I shoot, let alone the typography. I’m mostly happy with the font, I just wish I had a font that had a little more weight to it.



As for Round 3, I’ve opted to post it through this link. Why? Well, there is the possibility that this image may offend some sensibilities. I mean, I don’t know what the sensibility of my one reader is, she’s pretty cool, so I don’t think it will, but what should happen if some unassuming individual stumbles across it and is quite offended? I may get a stern talking to, and we all know how unpleasant that is. So, the only way you can see it is if you make an effort to look at it. Yep, suddenly my blog is fully interactive. That’s high tech my friends.

So, there you go. If you want to check it out, you go click. Click away.

Oh yeah, no toy shots for the next couple of weeks. I've got some events coming up, so we'll see exactly how rusty I am.

1 comment:

Amy. said...

WHAT?! Definitely something I've never seen from you. It didn't register for me at first that those were cigarettes...but I think the HDR makes sense, and I like the overall look of it.

WOW. I cannot believe you shot this...our nice, wholesome James.