01 May, 2009

Still Waiting on Awesome

But this was pretty cool nonetheless. And yes, I had pirate ships at the airport and no, no one seem phased by my penchant for oddity.


And, just because a friend of mine mentioned it here on his blog (you should check it out, lots of good stuff), yes, this is blurry. Is it art? Who knows. Unlike the example Andrew shows, my image has intent in its use of blur, which can clearly be identified. I'm not so sure about the example, but I haven't spoken with the photographer so the intent could just be very subtle. I think that it looks like was taken from a car as it passed the tower, but that's me.

I think that we are far beyond the technical limitations faced by such men as Cartier-Bresson and Steichen (who by the way, manage to take sharp images as well as hauntingly beautiful soft images) that a soft image with clear camera shake needs to be evaluated much more heavily before calling it art. Still, clearly the image has generated discussion which art should do, so perhaps it is art. But if that is the case, then I wonder if our standards have fallen along the way. Who am I to say? I generally take pictures of things molded out of plastic and intended for children of all ages.

No comments: