21 June, 2008

Round one, and the winner is...

It’s been a busy day, but I didn’t forget.

Presenting: Nigel Zoomie by Kid Robot in "Make 'em feel fast."


and Orr of the Bamboo Zoo from Kid Robot in "Under the Bed."


So after shooting Nigel in the rain, laying in a puddle getting soaked, and laying on a very warm and burning stretch of road, I found that I liked the feel of the first shot better. Still, I don’t think it’s one of my better shots, but it is certainly a visual reference now for how a shot like this can be done, as well as shows me what I can do to make it better.

The same goes for our friend Orr here. I don’t think it’s my best work, but it has a good feel to it. A draft as it were. You can decide which ones you like better, but for me, I’m leaning more toward Nigel, even with all of its faults.

I also photographed at the Clear Creek History Park Summer Solstice Music Festival and will throw some of those up in a little bit. I’ve got two weeks to crank out a new toy shot and I don’t even know what I’m doing yet.

Oh yeah, to answer the title, I think it goes to the other guy. I could have done better. Looks like I fell out of the tree, but the grass is soft and maybe in these next two weeks I’ll end up on the branch covered with cherries.

No comments: